Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Knott's Scary Farm- Buena Park, CA

What do amusement parks do to pack in the people in the off season - that time between summer vacation and Christmas Break? Why dress up for Halloween of course! This marked my third or fourth visit to Knotts "Halloween Haunt" which is better known as Knotts Scary Farm by locals. This amusement park manages to get all of us parents of pre and young teens as well as teens and young adults to shell out $40-$50 to come in after dark and go through gross mazes, be scared by chain saw toting clowns, and go on rides that promise to scare you even without monsters. What more could you ask for?

I hate roller coasters and most rides since I get terrible motion sickness, but I love to be included in my teens' lives...this time my 13 year old and her friend let me join them, but rarely held my hand when goons and ghouls jumped out of the dark. Me, I loved the fog and the clowns...they loved the rides.

This is a definite right of passage for all parents of young teens in Southern CA. Be sure to catch this experience some time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I read a message on Vacation Rentals forum you submitted in 2006 regarding rates to charge for level 2 vacation rental management. I am on the verge of staring to handle vacation rentals for a small group of people but do not know how much to charge. I rented out my own home last summer and learned a great deal and enjoyed it very much. However, doing it for oneself and for others are two different things. I was wondering if I could get some suggestions from you?
Would very much appreciate hearing from you at your convenience.
Many thanks.
Maureen

Vacation Mamma said...

Maureen,
Would be happy to speak with you via email - melinda at rentthisplace dot net.

In general rates vary from a low of 5% for basic referrals to 30% or more for full service depending on the area of the country and the local marketplace. The first step is to determine the legal requirements in your state and city as they change when you go from managing your own property to other's. Look forward to speaking with you.